Sunday, May 15, 2011

Movie Review: Fairy Tale: A True story


WARNING: DO NOT CLICK LINKS UNTIL YOU HAVE WATCHED THE MOVIE!  No one likes a spoiler.
Who?- Elsie Wright & Frances Griffiths
What?- World War I, Harry Houdini and his Illusions, Sir Author Conan Doyle publishes a new book, 
When?- 1917 (Filmed 1997)
Where?- Cottingly, England 

Summary
I started my day by watching a movie called "Fairy Tale: A True Story . The story is about two little girls, who claim to have taken photographs of real fairies (the picture i have in the blog is the actual photograph in question). The movie starts before the photo is taken and the majority of the story is about what happened after the girls took it. 
This is all I will mention about the Plot because I do not wish to spoil anything. 

                                        If you like this movie would probably like Finding Neverland as well.


::Personal Notes AKA Review::
I Love this movie and movies like this, because they show that the world truly wants to believe in something better than reality. People are always torn when watching movies, because we're so used to reality that when a movie doesn't do things "like we would in the real world" we point it out and judge it. However we go into movies wanting to escape reality. I catch myself doing this all the time and it drives me crazy!

2 comments:

  1. I saw the movie just yesterday, and i like it a lot, me too i like those kind of movies, but am wondring, is it true that people wants to believe what's not real, or probably it is just real !! We still dont know evry thing about our world and planet, with all this scientific progress evry day we learn and discover more...who knows ?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i do see your point, and to a degree i believe. I mean any Peter pan movie that says "clap your hands if you believe in fairies" i'm clapping away like there's no tomorrow! (i'm not gonna be responsible for Tinkerbell to drop dead on stage) lol

    ReplyDelete